Thursday 3 December 2009

Thoughts..Making a thoughts book/chart

Today l worked with one of my young client on  a "Good and Worrying Thoughts" book. She will be keeping her chart everyday for a week, so we can start to see if or how her thoughts are controlling her everyday life. Using art to help to work out these problems, is a lot easier for children to deal with. No real pressure to talk but tells me all l need to know to start conversations off at a later date. It is fun to do and you often find the children talk to you about all sorts of things while they make their chrts and books.


2 comments:

BadPenny said...

Mum & I have both used dolls to communicate with special needs children & once it highlighted a serious problem of possible abuse.

I was asked to make a wooden spoon family for a speech therapist I worked for in a school. We found children who couldn't communicate with us or make eye contact could with the puppets.


In my next life I'm going to train to do this properly !

Lynda Howells said...

Why in your next life...why not now? It is never too late to change course!