Wednesday 17 March 2010

Heart attack, fear and asking for help.

Sorry l haven't posted lately but there has been a lot going on in my life! My son need help moving up to Rutland from London..that was some journey and all sorts of things happened. Go to http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com  
 to see all the adventures! Then my gorgeous, sexy, wonderful, funny and special husband had a heart attack and my world came to a stop.

Luckily he is ok and waiting for his heart to be settled enough, so he can have his heart shocked back into the correct rhyme again! So my life was turned upside down and l have had to re-think my life. Hopefully, when Tony is ok again, we can go back to be happily enjoying his retirement and exploring our new life together.

One of the things that l have learnt from this eposide, is you have to remember we only have one life on this earth...so go for it while you have the chance people.
Something else l discovered, although my husband was ill, he was more worried about how l was and would cope if anything happened to him. I was totally lost, l just couldn't come to terms with the thought, he may not be here next day!  My world was totally out of control and l was so surprised, as l thought l was tough! I have had to learn not to try and control my husband's life. He has had to learn his own limitations and l am there to support him, if he needed help. Most importantly, not to let him know how scare l was, just try and be my usual positive self!
This next image, is of Tony and l when we went up to Rutland, to see our son's house and check it is ok, while they are away travelling. It was our first trip since Tony became ill. I drove and we did non of our usual walks or investigating new places. We read books, watched tv and just relaxed. This image shows us snuggled up not because it was us being romantic..but because we were cold!Ha. Our son's house was so cold but we had fun!Ha! I was scared he was doing too much, but l had to trust himx


If anyone else is going through similar situation, do not be afraid or too proud to ask for help, from families, friends or proffesional help. Also if you need to talk..l am here.
One thing that help, as it usually does was my art and my journalling. If you have not tried art journalling, do..it is an amazing tool.

2 comments:

BadPenny said...

oh so sorry to hear this... here you are offering my friend help & you are coping with this !
Hope Tony is recovering well.
Thanks for your offer - depressed friend much much better the other just I'm afraid has to cope - she has several of us supporting & has had some councelling.
She gets very very angry towards her ex but at times very emotional too.

Lynda Howells said...

Thanks for your concernxxxx Tony has an appointment next friday with consultant, so fingers crossed we get more help!x marraige break up is so hard and she will get angry and also very emtional.just have to be patient with herxx what a good friend you arexlynda